What I expected we would do during this gorgeous week of perfect, mild summer weather:
- Pick blueberries
- Go swimming
- Go for a hike
- See friends and run around
- Go see the lotuses in bloom at the aquatic gardens
- Go to the free Apple Camp
- Wrap up some school
What we actually have been doing:
That’s BalletBoy at the E.R. for a huge gash on the bottom of his foot that he got over the weekend playing at the splash fountain up the street. So while we did Apple Camp and wrapped up school for the summer, we’ve been stuck inside for this beautiful weather, unable to get out and enjoy it! BalletBoy can’t really walk and Mushroom refuses to go out in solidarity. All my visions came crashing down!
But that’s okay, because instead they’ve done other things, including:
- Made up their own role playing game with a board and dice
- Built three different variations of guitar games with the Makey Makey (one is in the picture above)
- Lazed on the sofa and watched every single Regular Show (just trying to be honest here)
- Invent a quiz show for the Husband and I to face off in (the Husband won, which is not a surprise since he’s an actual quiz show winner – he won the downpayment for our house on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire many years ago)
- Played lots of board games
- Made movies (the picture below is a still of BalletBoy’s movie featuring Mushroom as an inventor who makes a robot that goes berserk)
- Added several hours to their summer reading charts for the library
It’s hard to be stuck inside in the summer, but I’m glad my kids can still make lemonade out of lemons.
Next week, they’re off to summer camp. BalletBoy is starting to hobble a little better and his stitches will be out soon. Hopefully I’ll have a nice break and they’ll have a good time at their camps.